Monday, March 23, 2009

Crazy Times

This past week has been so crazy!! Not only are Rene and I busy with the house and trying to get things ready, a guy I work with asked me to make a cake for his daughters birthday. I was a little apprehensive because I've never had to make a cake... for money. I was so worried that it wouldn't come out the best. I wanted it to be perfect more so than any other time. And to top it off, I wanted to use fondant and I had no experience with it whatsoever!! I was reading up on it and found out that rolled butter cream is easier to work with and tastes a little better so I decided to try it out.

Now, because I'm a little bit of an overachiever I decided to make 2 cakes. A princess cake where the bottom of the dress is the actual cake and then an additional cake for the majority of the 'party' to enjoy. My concept for it all was way over the top and I had to simplify it a bit. For a first attempt, my cakes didn't come out too bad.

No comments: