Friday, August 28, 2009

I promise....

Okay, I am not going to be that person who blogs about their pets but I have to say that this past week with our little Ash has been great! He's such a great fit with us.... he does this really cute thing that Rene calls 'commando' where he crawls towards you on his belly with his front paws out. Rene just loves it and they are really cute when they play together. And tonight before bed he got all excited and decided to attack me!! He cornered me and wouldn't let me pass, snipping at my feet every time I moved no matter what direction I went. ^_^ Anyways, I promise not to do a lot of blogging about him!!

An update on Rene: He's been training for the last week - actually talking to planes - and it's been great!! His trainers have praised him on his work so that's always great. It's been tough, he'll be the first to tell you that it's not easy and when he's done he's mentally drained. But he really has been doing a wonderful job. Just to give you a quick idea, one day the traffic was super busy and his trainer gave him a heads up that he may pull Rene off the 'scope' and take over. Well, he never had to take Rene off. Rene was able to keep up with all the traffic! :) (can you tell I'm proud of him??)

Me.... nothing much to say. Oh, I did get a call this week from a potential employer. He saw my resume online and called me to come in for an interview! I was so excited and apprehensive. With unemployment so high right now I know there are a lot of people out there fighting for jobs. I wanted to make sure that I was prepared and looked the part. The interview went well but as I was driving home I thought to myself that it may not be the right fit for me. Actually, it came down to pay.... they were going to pay me a little over minimum wage with a huge work load. I know I shouldn't be too picky in this market, but it just so happened that I didn't have to be. I never received a call back but it's all good. I wasn't really feeling the position and I didn't want to leave our pup after such a short time. Who wants to get a dog and then leave him alone all day???

No comments: